At the most basic level, every membership makes UFF-FAU stronger, which gives us a stronger voice when lobbying the legislature or negotiating your Collective Bargaining Agreement, and this comes back to you in increased salary and improved working conditions. Peer reviewed studies have shown a direct correlation between faculty union membership density and their ability to bring benefits to their members.
However, UFF-FAU also provides a number of benefits that are only for dues-paying members:
- $1,000,000 professional liability insurance.
- $10,000 life insurance.
- $50,000 accidental death insurance.
- Two free, 30-minute, non-employment-related legal consultations. These consultations are for matters not related to your job (estate planning, wills, real estate, etc.). Work-related matters are handled by UFF-FAU through the University grievance procedure and, if necessary, UFF will provide legal representation if your grievance proceeds to arbitration.
- Discounts on home & auto insurance, and on publications.
- A voice in defining UFF negotiating priorities.
- UFF representation should you need to file a grievance (this benefit can easily be worth $20,000 if a grievance goes to arbitration).